Sep 16, 2010

Noise, Noise, Noise, Noise!

"I told you, Kurd ain't my true name no more.  Use my game profile ID -- MasterThief07."
    - Kurd Liquer


Ever notice how entertained we are these days?


When I was young, I was DYING to play any game I could get my hands on.

We would copy, borrow, steal and even make games -- anything we could do to get our hands on them. They were rare and precious!

It was the same thing with Movies. Maybe my home was different than most, but I don't think we even got our first VCR until I was about 12 years old.

Before that, watching a movie was rare and going out to a movie even more rare.

I remember gathering around with the family waiting for the muppet show or the A-team to start. Or once about every six months my Mom would let us stay up extra late to watch the Wizard of Oz. WOW! That was exciting!

It made it so that we really appreciated the movies and TV we did watch.

Then I think about how things have changed. We have an Xbox360 AND a Wii, a VCR, a TV in about every two rooms and a huge collection of DVDs.

And as though that's not enough, there are about 400 channels on TV and you can record your very favorite shows and watch them whenever you want.

You might have thought I was done raving, but no! Don't forget there are games and movies in our cars, on our cell phones, and closets full of board games. Entertainment is infiltrating every corner of our lives.

When's it gonna be enough? Whern are people gonna scream "STOP ENTERTAINING ME ALREADY!"??

Maybe someday. But probably not anytime soon. One thing's for sure...The problem of all the noise is NOT going away. It's going to get worse, not better!

With all this noise going on it makes it a staggering problem to try to stand out. Everyone other entertainer is trying to stand out as well.

"Let's make it Orange so that it'll stand out."
"Let's make it Bright Yellow!"
"Let's make out louder!"
"Let's make it look like we puked a whole bunch of colors."
"Let's make ours even brighter, pukier colors!"
"Let's make it black and white."

So how do you stand out amongst all this?   I don't know the answer...just the problem.

So, as for this post's art, say hello to Harley, Spanktor's local hobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment